Life just goes on around you everyday. You get up, hopefully with at least a few hours of sleep, and you start doing all the things that you do every day. For me, it's repeating myself at least 10 times to; brush teeth, get dressed, help your brother etc. Sometimes getting breakfast is like being in the middle of a mine field. Step on one hidden bomb and everyone suddenly erupts into tears. Sometimes, there is blood shed at breakfast, but most of the time that doesn't happen until at least 10am. So, you go about your day thinking of how you might not be able to take one more minute of this hectic, out of control chaos that you have chosen to live in. And then God sends an angel, a messenger of grace to give you a humbling moment. Today, I had one of those. A woman from swim class whom I have just seen for the past three weeks during lessons struck up a conversation. "Do you have 5?, What are their ages? I have been working with Lucy and I've seen your two older boys. You're kids are wonderful, I always thought I'd have a big family but God had other plans for me. My boys are both off in college now and it is really hard. You will as least have some still at home for a while after your first ones start heading off to college." I would have never guessed that this woman (coach) even had kids. She shared such a wonderful thing with me. I got to hear her talk about how much she enjoyed her children and how she missed them. It reminded me of how I get to caught up in just trying to make it through my day that I usually forget to think about how I should just enjoy them. I know that my job is to be their guide and one day set them out on their own and I know that it will be a very sad and happy time. Every night I go to bed knowing that I could have been better but I always pray that my kids got the most out of the little that I was able to do.
I usually think that the people who are watching me are thinking about how crazy I must look. I always feel flustered and a bit of out control of everything. It is always such a blessing to have people come up and give you a bit of grace. I was so at peace that it didn't even bother me when Peter threw up on me and then pooped all over his stroller and me.
Sorry Miles gave Peter his horrible virus.
ReplyDeleteoh this is heather!
ReplyDelete