Thursday, April 15, 2010

Man, I am a dork

I just got a package in the mail and I tore it open like Christmas morning. I recently decided to use cloth diapers while at home. I purchased some Bum Genius second hand and then ordered some Smartipants from Kelly's Closet. If all goes well, I'll probably order more of them. I read a ton about all of them before ordering. It took me 8 months to decide which diapers would be best or if cloth diapering would be worth it all. I like to know a lot about what I am ordering and I am a big procrastinator. I am always second guessing any purchase I make. I'm still researching the best car seat to move Aidan to next. Well, that is if we haven't bought a church bus by the time he needs to get out of his Marathon. I have been looking online for really two years on what is best for our van. Fitting 5 kids in van is tough when 3 of them have to be in a booster or carseat.
Back to the diapers. I haven't gone green, nobody should worry. I just really hate thinking about all of the crappy diapers that pile up and will be there for hundreds of years. I mean, do I really want my great-great-great-great-great grandchildren putting up with my kids' crap? I'll leave them plenty of other things to deal with.
Ask me one day when I am stuck in the bathroom all day washing out diapers from Peter's first stomach virus, maybe then I'll be a little less excited.
I know I'll still be a dork, that won't change ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment