If you know me at all, you know that I am a complainer. I don't go around just complaining all of the time but when I am irritated or just grumpy I don't mind confiding in a friend my long list of woes.
Today, I am not complaining and complimenting.
This is my man. He is a great man because he was raised in a great family. He knows the value of family. He follows God and lets his faith lead him in life. He works hard everyday to be the best boss and employee that he can be. I may not like the long hours or strained look that he wears when comes home. But I know that he is using his talent as an engineer and manager to be a great provider for our family.
He has other talents, too. Of course I often complain about those as well. He is musician and song writer. He spends extra hours of practice and playing around with his music, up until 3 in the morning writing music. I complain about it the next day when he sleeps a little longer than I do b/c he is so tired. But when I sit in church and hear our congregation belting out his lyrics, I almost cry b/c I am so proud of my man.
Another great talent is his ability to know everything. Boy do I complain about this one. But I have now found the joy in sending our kids to their dad for just about every question they have.
One of his recent signs of love showed another one of his talents. For our anniversary he did a lot of planning to 'need' to use the van. He volunteered to take Peter with him to run errands so that meant he needed to take the van. I was just thankful to have a few hours to clean without chasing a one year old. I didn't think anything else of it. While he was out he went into Stone Mtn Park to the glass blowers shop to get me a bowl. (We had been there in Oct and I had mentioned I liked one of them.) A few weeks later, on our anniversary, he had the bowl on the kitchen counter full of flowers. It was beautiful.
So, because my man is wonderful, I am trying to see the talents/gifts God has given him. Because I know that God chose for us to be together and so therefore I should cherish my gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment