Saturday, January 22, 2011
Encyclopedia
I have always known that you could learn about anything in an encyclopedia but today I wish that those books didn't cover everything. Noah and Jake now know the real way that babies are made, words and pictures engrained in their little minds. A friend told Noah how babies were made and Noah apparently told this kid that he was wrong and that babies were gifts from God. (how sweet) So this kid said he knew it and could show it to Noah in the encyclopedia, and he did. And so here we are. I am all about kids knowing how things work and using real words for body parts but I wasn't prepared to tell them all of the information that went along with that. But now we have to have the talk. I am happy to say that since we had told them that babies were gifts from God that we (Michael) wove that into the conversation. It all ended well except that Noah was clearly upset, I think more embarassed b/c he had put up stance with his friend about being right and he wasn't. Now I feel like I may have been over protective and should have been more open and had this conversation when they were young so it didn't seem like such a big deal. Life can be complicated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no!!! That was a scary conversation. I remember finding out about the birds and bees and being very upset with my parents. How could they do something so disgusting??? I am not looking forward to this conversation. Seems like you handled it well.
ReplyDeleteHeatherK