Friday, March 5, 2010

From Stripes to Tail

Wednesday was Aidan's "worst day ever". The piano teacher was here so I asked Aidan to play in his room with his cars while I put away laundry. Well, that was just the meanest thing I could have ever done. "I hate you, you are the meanest mommy ever!" I tried to reason with him and explain that I just wanted him to be upstairs so he wouldn't interrupt piano lessons. Well, talking to him only made it worse. "You are very, very mean." So, Aidan was sent to time out. While in time out he screamed at the top of his lungs, making sure the piano teacher could hear, "I am calling Dad and he is going to call the police and they are going to arrest you!" I say "Good luck, you don't even know how to use a phone." Aidan continued all day with one rant after another. Me, I go to bed that night feeling like dirt. How could I have possibly raised this child who could scream I hate you. Then I think about it and realize that I didn't raise him that way, I passed it on genetically. Oh darn.
Well, today I am a good guy and am loved by Aidan. Actually, I am Ariel who is typing emails underwater listening to Flounder (Aidan) play the keyboard. I really don't need to be underwater though, Peter is keeping my body covered with nice wet drool.
Where are the other kids? Noah was playing Pokemon with Lucy and Jake was finishing his school work. Dinner? Not sure.
Who knows what tomorrow will be, maybe I'll just be mom. Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment