Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I am not............................

I have always had a hard time just being myself. I always wanted to be like someone else. I have always thought that 'if I could just be like ____, then that would be great'. If I really wanted or tried to be like every other person, I would probably die trying and then there would be no me. I am not; a seamstress, an organizer, a housekeeper, a master baker, a triathlete, a good listener, a good speaker, a mathematician, or many other great things. I have managed to find an amazing husband, have five wonderful children and homeschool my kids for the past 4 years. I feed my kids everyday and make sure they brush their teeth and sometimes we comb their hair but that is not always on the immediately things to do list. I would love to make their costumes, embroider the baby romper, bake fresh bread everyday. But it just ain't happening. The best I can manage is to be the best God made me to be and be at peace with that. I am always trying to be what I am not. Today I am trying to be what God made me to be and do it with all the love I can. If that means singing to my 2 year old while cleaning a poop diaper or reassuring my 7 year old who has just spilled her cup of milk again, then that is my mission and today I am choosing to accept it. Hopefully I will go to bed tonight and really believe in me and that I was doing what God made me to be. Will I fail, of course, but hopefully I will try again and again and again........

No comments:

Post a Comment