Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Homeschool
" Prayer, Bible study, hugs and kisses and the rest is considered bonus." This is what a friend said to me when I asked how she managed with her homeschool life. I have been completely overwhelmed lately with every part of my life. I wake up every morning feeling like I just can't do it and go to bed realizing that I really didn't do it. I haven't finished anything, not even a thought. I am really amazed that I am actually sitting at the computer doing this. (It is allowing me to put off finishing something else.) When I decided to homeschool I knew my skills of keeping our home together would be put to the test but I could have never guessed I would be up to my neck in all things unfinished. I have slowly realized that I have to give up on even trying to finish some things. Take for example laundry. There is truly no end to laundry in a house of 7 people. Another example is the kitchen. Even if I did all the dishes in the sink, put them away, and even unloaded the dishwasher; there would still be some container in the fridge that will eventually need to be emptied. I have never had all of my kids work graded at the end of any day. I am quite certain that there is work from my first year of homeschooling that I have never even seen much less graded. So, as I prepare for next year's curriculum I am going to try and repeat to myself, "Prayer, Bible study, hugs and kisses and the rest is considered bonus." If you happen to hear me complain or see that desperate look on my face, ask me if I've prayed, read the Bible, and hugged and kissed my kids?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
But you are doing a wonderful job!
ReplyDelete