Sunday, December 26, 2010
Christmas 2010
Merry Christmas! I pray that everyone had a blessed Christmas day. The Atlanta Vrazel house has been full of excitement. This was probably the best year ever for Santa being spot on with his gifts. Everyone got just what they told Santa they wanted. We, really me, caved this year and bought Lucy an American Girl doll that looks like her. She has asked for this for two years and she finally got it. I am pleased that she has not put her down. Aidan got an MP3 player for kids and I can't wait to send out some video of him 'burning down the house'. Peter got a new ride in fire engine that he currently can only drive backwards. I guess we have to look forward to him learning to drive forward. The big boys are happy with their video games, I guess. I haven't seen them for two days.
This year, Santa had a new elf named Trixie who helped deliver the gifts. Trixie was a tricky little elf and hid the gifts around the house. The kids had a great time searching for these special gifts.
The best gifts of all were the nights of waiting and preparing for Jesus' birth. We said prayers, lit candles, played games and made Advent crafts.
A few family updates.
Peter can say some new phrases; Thank you, night night, and again
Aidan has become a video game pro by getting his first blister from playing video games for an hour.
Lucy has officially become the mother hen. She remembers more than I do, knows what Peter wants and what is scheduled for the day. Her favorite line, "I already took care of that".
Jake has made his first reconciliation and that was not easy. There were many hurdles we had to cross.
Noah is a big kid. He has taken control of his school planner. What does this mean? I give him all of his assignments on Monday and he can complete them at his own pace during the week, and he does. Noah has also started being an altar server. He has done a great job and gotten many compliments.
Michael and I are hanging in there. Work has been crazy for Michael with long hours and no Christmas break. Our house is messy and there are papers to be graded, lessons to be written and of course a never ending to-do list alwasys waiting on the kitchen counter.
This year we spent Christmas alone. Well, there are 7 of us but it was just us. We usually have at least some friends drop by. It was very laid back, no rushing, no long hours in the kitchen, and a whole day in our pjs. It was bitter sweet. We had a great time with the kids but it was a little sad not seeing any family or friends.
For our Christmas present we got our house painted and some much needed repair work done. Now we just need to get the porch stuff out of the driveway and back onto the porch. (Just one of those things on my to-do list.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment