Monday, May 17, 2010
What's that sound?
Oh, wait. It isn't anything. That's right, there was a moment today when I didn't hear anything. Well,actually I heard the sweet soft breathing of sleeping Peter. I heard the air blowing through the building and then I heard my thoughts. Wow, I assumed they had been lost forever. The next thing I heard was the best. I heard "every time we take this bread to be your body and declare your blood is in this cup. We proclaim your death and resurrection and a hope that you will raise us up." I hadn't heard this memorial acclamation in years. As I knelt in front of the tabernacle what better song to come into my head than that. I am always praying for this or that and I am always asking God for something, talking. Talking is what I am known for, right. Well, today I listened. I am not sure that I heard an answer but I did hear the calming quiet and was able to let go and just be. I wasn't asking, expecting or even pleading for God to do or be anything. I just wanted to, needed to, be close to peace. I wish that I could find (make) the time to have that peace everyday. For 30 something years I have always had to talk and today I realized that prayers can be answered in silence. I left the church only asking God to help me to do what He wanted me to do. I didn't leave feeling like I had the answers to all of my pressing issues but I did feel closer to God and better about myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment