Saturday, March 26, 2011

Worrying....it is a sin

Have you heard this?
I am now probably the #1 sinner I know. Worrying is my thing. I worry about house; kids, life, death, family, school, faith, etc.. I am always thinking about what might happen. I try to push these thoughts away but who can really drop their kid off at practice and not wonder what might happen. I know that stuff happens and, in fact, most stuff happens while I am staring right at a child. What tempatation the devil puts right in front of me all of the time and I fall for it. I just don't know how to draw the line b/w complete trust and being a mother. Sure, I think, a mother has to have some drive to make her care for her offspring but how far should a woman take it? Isn't God in charge and aren't we supposed to trust Him? Some times it is easy; of course you will not let your child run into a busy street. While crossing you will look, listen and instruct on the dangers of crossing a busy street. Your child is learning to ride his bike; you worry that he will fall. Do I really need to worry? I have showed him how, bought a helment and know the road is clear. What if he gets hurt? Shoudn't I trust that God will take care of my son? Shouldn't I know that even if he falls, it will be God's will that he has that scraped knee? I am such a sinner! I even worry about worrying. Hail Mary! Pray for us sinners.
I find it infinately hard to be like Mary. She had no sin, never worried. I am now realizing that God may have made Mary without sin for many, many reasons. Bearing the son of God Mary needed to be pure but to completely trust in God's plan for His son; she had to be without any sin, even worry. I can see so much of the world's evil and therefore I worry. I worry, therefore I sin. Well, I sin in a million other ways but this one is so overwhelming hard to overcome. I hope that Mary is right there next to Jesus whispering, "she worried, but it was because she only wanted to make sure she would one day know that her children were standing here with us in Heaven. Have mercy on a mother's heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment